Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Check Out The View From Up Here (hey, I can see my house!)

I'm so excited to announce that Mom Central has chosen me as an (dah da da da DAH) official The View Brand Ambassador!

I just love The View and watch it every day (it's on ABC at 11 am where I am), which is why I applied to the program.

So many times at least one of the lovely ladies of The View mirrors my own view.

Of course, frequently another one of them gets me all worked up!

But that's all part and parcel of healthy debate, which is what I like about the show. It's not just celebrity appearances, though there are plenty of those as well, but intelligent discourse among women like me, especially during the Hot Topics portion of the show.

As a woman who has been a stay-at-home Mom for many years now, it is SO nice to hear adult conversation! And now, as an Ambassador for The View I feel like I am part of the panel myself.

This morning, for instance, the Hot Topics discussion featured the male figure skaters from last night's Olympic coverage. Now, I stayed up way too late watching the men skate, and let me tell you, I was blown away. I missed Yevgeny Plushenko's quadruple jump, unfortunately, but Evan Lysacek, of the USA, looks like Sylar from Heroes to me, and he skated sublimely even in a feathery bird suit. I thought that Johnny Weir, also of the US, was just a blast to watch and should have been awarded a much higher score, and he reminds me of a young Johnny Depp. The Japanese skater Takahashi's moves were sharp and strong and kept me riveted throughout the whole routine, and France's Brian Joubert, justly known for his spinning looked, as Elizabeth remarked this morning on The View, like he could drill a hole in the ice with his skates, he was turning so fast!

Other relevant topics this morning (to me, anyway) included a discussion about healthy women and fashion, models being perhaps too thin, and how the tide is turning towards a more voluptuous silhouette like Christina Hendricks of Mad Men. And since I had just posted on CH over on Metafilter,(a post which garnered a lot of discussion, some insults and offense and over 200+ comments), I felt very In the Know this morning.

I also have the pleasure of announcing the exciting The View sweepstakes that’s currently being run by Mom Central.

One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive a trip to New York City to watch a taping of The View!


The sweepstakes is open until February 28th. Here is a link to the sign-up survey!

I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review(s).

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.