Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Just Heard Farrah Fawcett is Gone

Wow. I know she's been battling with cancer for a long while now, and I saw a tearful interview with Ryan O'Neal this morning on the View. Apparently, Farrah wanted to finally get married at the end, and he was going to do it for her, but she was just too sick for them to actually go through the ceremony. She had also mistaken Ryan for their son, Redmond, right near the end.

The L.A. Times has an excellent write-up on Farrah, who was so iconic during my girlhood in Charlie's Angels. For a long time, she was viewed as this stereotypical dumb blonde, and she certainly had her quirks (like painting with her nude body as the palette and rolling it along a huge canvas to create her images), but she won new respect from me as an actress after I saw her in her dramatic movie about a rape survivor, Extremities, for which she also won critical acclaim.

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.