Sunday, March 7, 2010

The View Roundtable Round-Up


This week on The View, celebrity guests included Robert Pattinson from Twilight (I feel like I'm one of those movie announcers, you know, the "In a world where dogs have gone mad..." guys).

Pattinson seemed refreshingly mature to me, and I liked that he got tongue-tied when he talked about a love scene with his co-star, Emilie de Ravin, in their upcoming film Remember Me. Both were modest and talked about how awkward romantic scenes are to film. Fun fact: I had no idea that men wore "modesty pouches" made from, apparently, half a bra.

Pattinson also has an endearing habit of saying completely the wrong thing. Watch the video to find out more about why he thinks Betty White is sexy.

Barbara Walters also re-affirmed her stand that this is the very LAST year she will be doing any Oscars specials. In her words? "I'm sick of them!" And no wonder. In a word: stairs.

I loved the montage on The View of all the times Barbara has had to come walking down a stairway at the beginning of her Oscar shows.

She finally begged not to be shown on a staircase and what happened? They put her on an escalator. Too funny.

So on The View on Friday, the experts came in to give their own Oscar picks, which pretty much jibed with mine.

I'm thinking Hurt Locker wins best picture, I imagine Jeff Bridges will win for Crazy Hearts (though I haven't seen that one, the buzz is huge), Christopher Waltz will win for his riveting best supporting actor performance in Inglorious Basterds, and Monique gets best supporting actress for Precious (another one I need to see).

My husband, on the other hand, is completely, 100% behind Avatar for best film. Despite all the cliches in the plot, the environment was so immersive he completely fell under its spell. I have to admit that I loved the CGI environment, too. I'd get depressed whenever Jake, the main character, came back to the "real world".

And now I'm looking forward to the Oscars tonight, knowing that Monday is a full day of Hot Topics (my favorite segment) on The View, with Vanessa Williams guest-hosting, all about who won and what they wore and what they said and all the rest.

I can't wait. How about you?

I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.