Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Freeze! It's the Police!



Remember the very first concert you ever went to? Remember how excited you were, and how you had butterflies in your stomach, and how you kept checking the stage just in case the band came out early for a sound check, and how you worried about the view from your (usually nosebleed level) seat?

Remember how it didn't matter where you were seated, because as soon as they started playing, you jumped to your feet and started singing along?

I sure do. And especially now, because the very first band I ever saw in concert, when I was still a kid, was The Police. My sister had to drive me, I was so young. That moment in time, for me, still burns brightly in my memory.

So naturally I am fired up to find out they're releasing a brand new police cd.

For any of you too young to remember (or lying about your age), The Police existed long before Sting became a rock idol in his own right, and they were fantastic. Maybe you don't remember all the great hits they had, but don't worry they've got them all here in this set, to jog your memory. Honestly, I had forgotten a couple myself.

Check out the playlist for the police cd below, which is actually two discs full of classics (and some of my comments):

Disc One
Fallout, Can't Stand Losing You, Next to You, Roxanne--if you haven't yelled this at the top of your lungs at least once, you've never heard the song, it's just that addicting--Truth Hits Everybody, Hole in My Life, So Lonely, Message in a Bottle, Reggatta de Blanc, Bring on the Night, Walking on the Moon, Don't Stand So Close to Me --this song is my personal favorite. I think every young girl who heard it wished she was as compelling as the schoolgirl tormenting her professor in the song--Driven to Tears, Canary in a Coalmine.



Disc Two starts off with Do Do Do de da da Da -- you WILL find yourself singing along with the chorus, you just can't NOT do it--Voices Inside My Head, Invisible Sun, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic --another one that made it way up the charts, really catchy and romantic--Spirits in the Material World, Demolition Man, Every Breath You Take--what's more romantic and sensual by a man enchanted by every move of the woman he loves? A heartbreaker of a song--Synchronicity I, Wrapped Around Your Finger--looking through these songs, especially my favorites, I think I'm seeing a theme: lovelorn Sting singing about the object of his affections. Just makes you want to be the woman who has Sting so enamored, doesn't it?--Walking in Your Footsteps, Synchronicity II, King of Pain--oh no, love's turned darker now--Murder by Numbers, and finally Tea in the Sahara.

I don't think there's a single song missing from this set out of my own personal favorites.

Any of you other Moms out there who went to see them in concert when you were a girl? Come on, 'fess up! I want to hear from you. Write me a comment about why the Police rocked the house.

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.