Thursday, May 24, 2007

Love Thursday--School's Out

Yesterday, my boys had their last day of school for the year. I am so happy and excited for them both that my heart just swells with pride! Both of them did very well this year.

The Rhino got straight 'A's for the first time ever and won an award from the President. Yes, I do mean the actual President of the United States President! He has a processing problem and was able to go from struggling to excelling, and his teachers submitted his name because they thought he should be recognized. He has been, in a lot of ways, The Little Train That Could. Next year, he will start middle school. He had to say good-bye to the middle school he has gone to for the last seven years, from kindergarten to sixth grade, but he has his "BFF"s phone numbers and even a girl he kinda likes (I am sworn to secrecy and can't say any more than that!).

The Owl is so mature now that it's like talking to another adult when I have a conversation with him (except sometimes zombies come up during the discussion). He is taking on a challenging program of study in high school, which he starts in the Fall, that will require him to do extra homework this summer, as well as working on a "soccerbot" robotics program, and he hasn't complained a bit. He says he's looking forward to the challenge! It's hard for me to believe that he is entering high school in August!

I sit back and I see all that they have accomplished, and know they have their futures ahead of them, and that their lives are bright with promise, and I am so very thankful. I know how fortunate I am, and I know their Dad deserves much of the credit for the wonderful young men they are becoming, but I can't help feeling that somewhere along the way I must have done something right, too! Mostly, I just feel really lucky to be experiencing all this with them.

Congratulations, boys. I'm SO proud of you!

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.