Friday, May 14, 2010

Review: Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock (SPF 70!)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, May is Skin Cancer Awareness month.

Neutrogena recently released survey results which show that 1 in 5 people will get skin cancer in their lifetime, yet only 1 in 5 people wear sunscreen on a daily basis.

That's really gambling on your skin, assuming that you won't be one of the 20% of people who won't get skin cancer!

Some more survey findings:
  • 94% of Amerians know that prolonged exposure to the sun can cause skin damage and even skin cancer, yet only 1 in 5 people (20%) wear sunscreen on a daily basis.
  • 33% of Americans don’t think it’s necessary to wear sunscreen every day.
  • 1 in 2 dermatologists (51%) report that their patients only seek information on their skin when they think something is wrong.
  • Nearly all dermatologists (93%) note that skin cancer most often develops on the face, more than any other place on the body. That is likely why 100% of dermatologists recommend their patients put sunscreen on their face daily or whenever they are going to be exposed to the sun.
I trust Neutrogena because I already use their products. The only two makeup foundations I wear are Bare Escentuals and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin liquid makeup. I take care of my skin because Rosacea runs in my family and because, of course, living in Florida, I am very aware of how vulnerable my skin is to the sun.

So I tried out a sample of Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock, which has an SPF of a whopping 70 (!) to review for all of you.

You just put on a light layer beneath your regular makeup when you are getting ready to go out.

The Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock is virtually invisible. I didn't notice it under my makeup at all, and I wore it all day as I went out to run my errands, like grocery shopping, picking up the kids from school, and even out to dinner that evening. I found it very light and not at all greasy; my skin didn't feel oily or clogged.

As I said, I think skincare is really important, but I've always been a soap-and-water kind of girl; I don't go in for all the toners and clarifiers and expensive skin treatments. Like most of you, I'm on a budget!

But adding Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock to your daily routine, especially during the summertime when you are out in the sun more often, is so effortless, that I *definitely* think you owe it to your skin! And the good news is that, at just 11.99 for a 1.4 oz bottle (which will last you a while), it won't break your budget.

I received one bottle of Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock, with 70 SPF, to facilitate this review.

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.