Friday, December 4, 2009

Holiday Recipe Idea: Strawberry Hills Banana Muffins Forever

Though I am cool, I am not too familiar with . Looking him up, I am most pleased to see that he is even older than I am.

However, I recently made one of Coolio's recipes, which I would like to share with you here, because it is just the perfect kind of easy, delicious food you want around for the holidays!

Strawberry Hills Banana Muffins Forever make for fruitful brunches, can be frozen and gifted at Christmas, and can be whipped up in no time. I discovered the recipe through gas.tron.o.my* while trying to decide what to do with some seriously mushy leftover bananas, and apparently it originates with the man himself, Coolio.

Strawberry Hills Banana Muffins Forever
  • A few drops of olive oil**
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 banana, thinly sliced
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a few drops of olive oil to grease up a 12-cup muffin tin.**
  2. Combine butter, milk, and egg in small bowl and beat lightly.
  3. In a larger bowl, pour in your flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar and gently mix it.
  4. Toss chopped strawberries and sliced banana together, then stir to coat with the flour mixture.
  5. Pour in your milk mixture and stir it all up together.
  6. Fill up the muffin cups with your batter, then place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
That's all there is to it! Super easy, and delicious.

*Warning: lots of language and sexually-themed humor in that link!

**I chose to go with holiday-themed cupcake liners instead of the olive oil because I planned to freeze some muffins to give away during the holidays.

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.