Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Boys returns with new episodes tonight


So, I'll own up and tell you: I was not a regular viewer of TBS's hit show, My Boys, when TBS sent me a preview of tonight's episode to watch.

But I popped it into the DVD player anyway--and now I am.

I can't go into too many details of tonight's episode, which is a pivotal one for the rest of the season and the direction in which the writers hope to take the show, so I'll just touch on why it appealed to me so much.

First of all, the friends on the show seem like real people.

Not just because the guys talk like I imagine a lot of guys do when no one else is around and they're just, you know, BS-ing.

And not just because the actors are really natural and don't sound like they are reading off of a teleprompter somewhere.

But also because the actors look like real guys, albeit attractive ones, rather than plastic mouthpieces. And the lead actresses don't look botoxed and silicone-enhanced to Barbie doll proportions, and I definitely want to support this trend.

That alone would make the series worth watching, but I also enjoyed the plot twists that I absolutely, positively cannot disclose in this review, which is why you need to tune in to My Boys tonight and see for yourself.

Oh, and I also got to see next week's episode, and guess what? It's even better.

My Boys airs on TBS on Tuesday nights at 10:30/9:30 central.

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.