I'm very excited today, because a great new Mom forum has opened up on the internet, and I already feel like I am part of it: BabyCenter Community.
The brand new BabyCenter Community is very close to my heart, as I had a chance to meet Tina Sharkey, Chairman and Global President of BabyCenter, at the Johnson & Johnson Camp Baby meet-up for Moms in April up in New Brunswick, New Jersey
If you are not familiar with BabyCenter, well, I'm surprised, because it is the internet's largest resource for new and expectant parents. The new BabyCenter social network, available in public beta at http://community.babycenter.com, enables new and existing members the opportunity to share and connect with each other.
Here's what Tina Sharkey had to say about BabyCenter Community:
"Moms come to BabyCenter seeking trusted, personalized information, but they stay for the connections they make with other parents. Social networking has changed the face of communication, and BabyCenter wants to bring together these parents in a place where they can easily share experiences, milestones, information and the joys and journey of parenthood.”Here's how BabyCenter’s new community will help parents form new friendships. On the site, you can:
- Create public and private groups around any topic,
- Share photos and video among friends by uploading to Profiles and Journals,
- Distribute a personal blog feed from other blogging platforms into a BabyCenter® Journal,
- Pass Notes to other members, post Shout-Outs, comment on Journals,
- Match with people who share common interests, locations, childrens’ ages and more
- Publish “kid-isms,” the hilarious things kids say, and
- Tag photos and profile to help others find you.
I love the format of Maya's Mom--that's the first Mom network I joined when I started blogging as a Mom-- and I think that Baby Center's new social community will be a fantastic networking opportunity for new parents, especially new SAHM's!
Check it out!