Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?


I love Sesame Street! When I was a kid, I watched it all the time. I learned to count in Spanish from watching Sesame Street. I remember that Cookie Monster was my favorite, and that I thought Oscar the Grouch was SO funny, and that Mr. Hooper's store was just like our own corner store. I grew up on Sesame Street, and my kids followed right behind me. Along with loving the same old characters their Mom had, they were introduced to new friends, like Elmo and Abby Cadabby.

And I've written on the site before how much I enjoy working with K'nex construction sets because they are so easy to click together, and they stay together a lot better than the other brand-name building sets out there, in my opinion.

So I was really pleased when my old love and my new discovery came together, and K'nex introduced Sesame Street building sets this summer. And I was one of the lucky people who got to actually try them out! My take? I think you'll really enjoy the K'nex Sesame Street building sets, and Cool Moms Rule highly recommends them!

Now, there's a whole variety of Sesame Street sets, ranging in price from just $10.99 ( Ernie and his goldfish Dorothy or Ernie and his Rubber Duckie, Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch with Slimey the worm), up to the HUGE ultimate Sesame Street building experience, which at 31.99 includes 80 pieces and allows the little ones to make--can you believe this?--Cookie Monster and Hooper's Store! So you can imagine which one I am thinking of buying.

The K'nex Sesame Street set that I received was the Bert and Ernie building set, which retails for $21.99.

It's full of bright, primary color building blocks. Bert has a striped sweater and Ernie has red sneakers and they look just like they do on TV. In addition to the building pieces, the set also included Play and Learn Activity Cards to help kids learn about colors. They had pictures in red or blue or yellow, and suggested different things the kids could build from their set for each color, like a bee or a flower. (My only criticism of this set is that the blue "balloon" the kids could build was a bit of a stretch, since you can't really make a round balloon, and I think it was more confusing than helpful.)

Bert and Ernie were really easy to build (yay, K'nex!) and we had them together in just a few minutes, though of course my kids are older than the 2-5 year suggested age range. Here's a pic of what the finished Ernie looked like.

Again, I highly recommend the new Sesame Street-themed building sets for K'nex. I just know you and your kids will have a fantastic time building them!

This review was written on behalf of Team Mom, where Moms come together!

No comments:

Cool Moms Rule! is in full compliance of the new FTC rules concerning Bloggers. I disclose on all posts where a product was received for free and/or if there was any kind of financial compensation involved.